Dr. Lara Kim Hünerlage
Institute of Sea FisheriesHerwigstraße 31
- +49 471 94460 368
- +49 471 94460 199
- Ecophysiology and ecology of marine crustaceans
- Fisheries exploitation of brown shrimp Crangon crangon
- Lifecycle and population dynamics of brown shrimp
- Coordination and further development of research and scientific policy advice on brown shrimp Crangon crangon.
- Contributions to the ICES working group WGCRAN.
Educational background and employment
- since 2017: Scientist at the Thünen Institute of Sea Fisheries.
- 2015 – 2016: Scientist and guest scientist at the Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Polar- and Marine Science, Bremerhaven; Section Polar Biological Oceanography; WG Ecophysiology of pelagic key species.
- 2015: PhD at the University of Hamburg. Title of the thesis: „ Krill in the Arctic and the Atlantic – climatic variability and adaptive capacity”.
- 2011 – 2014: Research associate (PhD student) at the Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Polar- and Marine Science, Bremerhaven; Section Functional Ecology; Research Group Evolutionary Ecology; WG Marine Crustaceans; Project KOP124.
- 2010: Research assistant at the Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Ecology Bremen; WG Fisheries Biology; Project GENUS.
- 2009 – 2011: Master of Science in Marine Biology at the University of Bremen. Title of the thesis: „Metabolism and response to short-term starvation in three Euphausiid species of the Northern Benguela Current”.
- 2006 – 2009: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science at the University of Bielefeld.
Working Groups and Committees
|Working Group - Committee||Tasks|
|Working Group on Crangon Fisheries and Life History (WGCRAN)||Compilation of landing data from the brown shrimp fishery as well as analysis of biological data and survey data of Crangon crangon|
Scroll to top