Dr. Tobias Lasner
Institute of Sea FisheriesHerwigstraße 31
- +49 471 94460 344
- +49 471 94460 199
- Research on social change in small-scale fisheries
- Research on economic and social resilience of small-scale fisheries and coastal communities
- Project management and -coordination
- since 2020: Researcher at Thünen-Institute of Sea Fisheries
- 2013 – 2020: Researcher at Thünen-Institute of Fisheries Ecology
- 2013: Doctorate in Politics and Economics, thesis: “Ecopreneurship in Aquaculture – the adoption of eco-friendly innovations“
- 2010 – 2013: Doctoral scholarship of Heinrich Böll Stiftung
- 2008 – 2010: Scientist at the Department of Agriculture and Food Marketing University of Kassel
- 2006 – 2008: Apprenticeship Inland Fisher at the Plönen Great Lake
- 2001 – 2006: Studies of Sociology, Recent History, New and modern German Literature at the Philipps-University Marburg, Thesis: “Social change in traditional German inland fisheries“
Working Group - Committee
Strategy Group Marine Social and Cultural Sciences in the German Marine Research Consortium (KDM)
KDM is a partner in identifying new research fields and developing international research strategies. The aim of the KDM is to promote marine research and strengthen public awareness of marine sciences. The strategy group focuses its research on people whose living environment is shaped by the sea.
Expert panel on demography in the fishing industry and social dimension of the EU Common Fisheries Policy.
The panel met for the first time in 2019 to analyse and evaluate the collection of demographic variables in the EU data collection programme. The panel is also working to increase the visibility of the social and cultural importance of fisheries.
Working-Group (WG) Stakeholder Interaction
The WG coordinates social science research activities, which are part of the German Marine Research Alliance’s (DAM) mission “protection and sustainable use of coasts, seas and oceans” (SustainMare).