Dr. Casper Kraan
Institute of Sea FisheriesHerwigstraße 31
- +49 471 94460 229
- Development of methods and indicators to assess fishing impacts on benthic ecosystems
- Ecosystem approach to fisheries
- Using multispecies distribution models to determine developments in species communities or traits across changing seascapes
- Functional biogeography
Educational background and employment
- Since 2020: Marine Scientist at the Institute of Sea Fisheries, Bremerhaven, Germany.
- 2019: Postdoctoral researcher at the Helmholtz Institute for Functional Marine Research at the University of Oldenburg (HIFMB), Oldenburg, Germany.
- 2016-2018: European Marie-Curie fellow at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine research (AWI), Bremerhaven, Germany.
- 2012-2016: Global Marie-Curie fellow at the National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA), Hamilton, New Zealand, in cooperation with the University of Freiburg, Germany.
- 2011: Postdoctoral researcher at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Leipzig, Germany.
- 2010: Doctoral thesis at the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (Royal NIOZ), Texel, The Netherlands.
- 2002: MSc Biology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
Scroll to top