- Marine resources conventions for the Antarctic region, whale protection, marine mammals, birds and migratory species.
- since 1975: Research scientist at the Institute of Sea Fisheries in Hamburg. Responsible for the section: Marine Ressources – Southern Ocean, first Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), from 1984 Commisson for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR).
- 1993: Postdoctoral lecture qualification at Hamburg University. Title: “Antarctic fish and fisheries.
- 1981: Ph. D. at Christian-Albrecht-University of Kiel in Fisheries Biology, Zoology and Physical Oceanography with a work on the life cycle, biology, fishery and fishery status of three ice fish species in the Southern Ocean.
- 1974: Diploma thesis with a study on tagging-induced mortality of cod (Gadus morhua) in the western Baltic.
- 1970 – 1974: Studies of Fisheries Biology, Zoology and Botany at Christian-Albrecht-University of Kiel.
Scroll to top