Dr. Patrick Küpper
Institute of Rural StudiesBundesallee 64
- +49 531 596 5227
- +49 531 596 5599
- Socio-economic disparities and regional shrinkage
- Basic service provision and their linkages between the urban and the rural
- Policy approaches for developing lagging regions
- Academy for Territorial Development in the Leibniz Association (ARL)
- Regional Studies Association (RSA)
- Association for Geography at German speaking Universities and Research Institutes (VGDH)
- Research Group Rural Areas in the German Association for Geography
- Thünen Research Award 2021 in the category "Excellent transfer contribution" for the special issue "Rural areas" of the Federal Agency for Civic Education (co-authored by Dr. Stefan Becker, Dr. Christian Hundt, Dr. Anne Margarian, Dr. Cornelius Peters, Dr. Annett Steinführer and Prof. Dr. Peter Weingarten)
- Thünen Research Award 2019 in the category "Excellent research achievement" for the paper Rural regeneration strategies for declining regions: trade-off between novelty and practicability. European Planning Studies 26(2):229-255, DOI:10.1080/09654313.2017.1361583
(co-authored by Stefan Kundolf, Dr. Tobias Mettenberger und Dr. Gesine Tuitjer)
- Thünen Research Award 2021 in the category "Excellent transfer contribution" for results of the project "Monitoring of Rural Areas"
(co-authored by Dr. Annett Steinführer, Dipl.-Pol. Joachim Kreis, Dr. Stefan Neumeier und Torsten Osigus)
- Werner-Ernst-Award 2007 for the contribution "The concept of European metropolitan regions and territorial cohesion – Essential or contradicting? Theoretical reflections about an ongoing political debate"
- Dissertation fellowship at the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER) earned in 2006 with the Exposé "Demographic change as an opportunity for sustainable urban and regional development"
- Honours degree in Geography at Trier in 2006
Scroll to top