Dr. Antje Gimpel
- Analysis and modeling of the interactions between biotic ecosystem components and anthropogenic impacts
- Processing and analysis of spatial data (biological and economical) using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Processing and interpretation of ecosystem based data
- Development of spatial management scenarios for sustainable exploitation in the sense of an ecosystem based marine management
- Public relations and environmental education
- 2015 - 2021: Scientist at the Thünen Institute of Sea Fisheries, Research Unit: Marine Spatial Management.
- 2012 - 2015: PhD thesis at the Institute for Hydrobiology and Fisheries Science, University of Hamburg, in cooperation with the Thünen-Institute of Sea Fisheries, Research Unit: Marine Spatial Management. Title of PhD thesis: “Evaluation of spatial management strategies in the German Bight: How to balance sustainable use and ecosystem health?”
- 2009 - 2011: Master of Science in Marine Ecosystem- and Fishery Science at the Institute for Hydrobiology and Fisheries Science, University of Hamburg, in cooperation with the Thünen Institute of Sea Fisheries. Title of master thesis: “Spatially explicit tools to support an ecosystem-based marine spatial planning in the German EEZ"
- 2011: Internship at Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Moncton, New Brunswick, Kanada. Focus: Risk Analysis based on Ecosystem-based Risk Management Frameworks of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and GIS-analysis: Risk assessment of ecological and economical data from the German EEZ
- 2009: BUND e.V., Nationalpark Harz, Focus: Environmental education
- 2009: ERASMUS-exchange at Mid Sweden University, Sweden. Study focus: Nature Conservation und Landscape Ecology
- 2006 – 2009: Bachelor of Arts in biology und politics at Hochschule Vechta. Bachelor Thesis: “Biologie und Fressverhalten von Astacus astacus”
Scroll to top